Having CRM functionality without integrated quoting functionality is like having a car without an engine. The goal of every marketing piece, every phone call, every initial meeting, is to get the prospective customer to the point where they want a quote from your company, because the quote is what turns into an order and that’s why you’re in business.
Proper CRM should help you:
- Forecast revenue and margins for services, equipment and support,
- Create a quote from any manufacturer price book or configurator,
- Automatically update the opportunity forecast when the quote changes,
- Forecast resources required for fulfillment (project management, training, wireless, visualization, etc.),
- Automatically turn the quote into an order without re-keying ANY of the information, and
- Track the results of marketing campaigns by leads, quotes and sales orders generated.